4 colleges in a town of 24,000?
Marshall is uniquely positioned for education with one ISD and four colleges within the city limits.
- East Texas Baptist University
- Wiley College
- Texas State Technical College
- Panola College - Marshall College Center
The options available to local students, families, and employers are impressive. This advantage allows workforce development/readiness programs to engage many hard and soft skills demanded locally. It also provides accessibility to dual enrollment (DE) programs with local continuity to each institution. Additionally, students and future workers can use ISD Career Technical Education (CTE) to receive industry-recognized credentials (IRC). Marshall EDC is actively participating, supporting, and connecting industry with both the DE and CTE programs.
Marshall ISD has two established dual enrollment programs with plans to include all four colleges in a comprehensive workforce readiness program led by Marshall ISD.
- Earn college credit in high school toward a Bachelor's degree through this DE partnership with East Texas Baptist University.
- Be on your way to a technical Associate's degree or certificate in some of the highest paying positions available locally through this DE partnership with Texas State Technical College.
Marshall ISD CTE
Marshall ISD offers a growing number of relevant CTE training options. Marshall ISD has a CTE Advisory Committee with local industry participation, including Marshall EDC. You can download the CTE Guidebook here. CTE programs of study include:
- Digital Arts
- Health Science
- Law & Public Service